- Happy New Year! Remember that I love you, even if I haven't
said so recently, and that I do think about you even if I live
- I finally injured my right shoulder in November, through
overuse, with aikido weapons
canefighting and throwing a football with some kids at
Thanksgiving. It's just torn muscles, or whatever happens to
muscles when you overuse them and they hurt and take some
months to heal. It's healing well, I think.
- In a way a mild injury is a gift, because in aikido it
forces me to learn new ways of doing things, with a
heightened awareness of how my body works and how much
force I've been using.
- Apparently, now that I know how to use my body, I can
throw a football. I felt its weight at the end of my arm,
and how my arm would slingshot it on its way, and it would
launch off my fingers with a nice little spiral, which is
what happened. I always imagine this is what it was like
for my brothers when we were young: they would go and try
something with their bodies, and just...be really
good at it. Come to think of it, they still
- The office shut down for the two weeks of the holiday, and
I thought we weren't being paid, but apparently we were, which
was a nice surprise.
- I bought a TV. At 37", it's relatively small by modern
standards: the 32" was "a great extra TV for the bedroom or
kitchen". I've very excited to have a non-crappy way to watch
movies. It should arrive at work tomorrow, so I'll hopefully
gush about it once it's set up.
- I'm trying reopen my romantic side without getting moody
and depressed. Let's call it an ongoing project.
- Goal For This Month: Clean up my apartment so it doesn't
look like a sloppy bachelor moved in last week. (It's been two
- Work continues apace on my rakusu. Unsure if I'll get it
done on time (for sometime in February).
- I like lentils.
And that's what's happening in my life. Exciting, no?