notes before bed.
I'm still alive, just busy, especially this week.
- Work is still amusing. They say they're happy to have me,
and they'll be throwing me at a narsty piece of code in the
near future. I looked at it, and it is suitably difficult.
- I've had stuff going on every evening for the past week,
and during the weekend days--some Zen stuff, but mostly social
stuff. Yes, I love all you people. Go away now, I'm crawling
into my cave for several days.
- In Zen practice we look for the stuff in our lives that
provided us with real difficulty: things that confuse or
frighten us, or that we resist. For a lot of people this is
the bowing, or the chanting, or sewing the rakusu (which I'm
really enjoying). No, I have no issues with Zen practice.
No, instead of getting all worked up and wrestling with
some aspect of practice, my karma is to go out on dates with
women. Keeps me on my toes, but it's a little hard to compare
notes with people.
- Tomorrow I mail in my application for
practice period at Zen Center.
- Teaching my first aikido class next Sunday, the early
morning weapons class. Pretty excited, actually, and
nervous. It'll be fine, I'll teach the stuff I know really